Where history comes alive in Harford County!
The small, Georgian-style home located at 324 Kenmore Avenue was built in 1788 by John Bull. It is the oldest home in the town of Bel Air, Maryland. Mr. Thomas Hays purchased the home in 1811 at a public sale. Because it remained in his family for 146 years, the home became known as the Hays House. It is now operated as a small house museum by the Historical Society of Harford County.
As a living history site, the Hays House Museum is a valuable educational resource that illustrates and re-creates the social and cultural aspects of the daily life of rural gentry in the formative years of our country.
Along with special events such as hearth cooking, a Learning Bee series, and themed exhibits of vintage and antique clothing and textiles from the Historical Society’s collections, we offer guided tours of Mr. Hays’s elegant townhome.
The Hays House Museum
324 Kenmore Avenue
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
HOURS OF OPERATION
2nd and 4th Sundays from March to Mid-December: 1-4 PM.
1st Friday from May to August: 5-8PM.
Closed Holiday Weekends.
Free admission during First Fridays, Bel Air’s Fourth of July celebrations and on the first Sunday of December.Available for private events and by special arrangement.
$3.00 for adults
$2.00 for students and seniors. Admission is free for children 4 years old and under, and for members of the Historical Society of Harford County.Special Events:
$5.00 for adults
$3.00 for students and seniors.Donations are welcome and are gratefully accepted!